255 Keira St
Wollongong NSW 2500
The date of the annual general meeting (AGM) of the members of Project Contemporary Artspace Inc (Project) has been confirmed. Official notice has be sent to all members who we have accurate information for.
The details of this meeting are as follows:
Date: Thursday 10th August 2017
Location: Project Contemporary Artspace, 255 Keira Street, Wollongong NSW 2500
Project would genuinely appreciate the attendance of as many members as possible at the AGM. We also welcome new members, so feel free to forward this invitation to friends who may be considering membership or getting more involved. Only current members will be allowed to vote on motions and nominate, elect or become a committee or sub-committee member. The membership and volunteer form can be returned on or before the AGM and is attached to this notice. Non-members are welcome to attend and not vote.
At the AGM members will have the opportunity to:
- Find out about Project’s operations and finances from the last financial year, ask questions and speak about any items on the agenda.
- Accept the minutes, annual report and financial statement from 2015-2016.
- Vote motions proposed
- Nominate themselves and others for committee positions.
All committee positions will be vacated at the AGM and re-elected.
- The current members holding positions of President and Vice President have advised that they will not be returning to these roles. If you have experience in management, business, public relations or marketing and would like to support Project we would welcome nominations in particular for these roles. You do not need to be an artist to be a member or committee member of Project.
- Core management positions include; Public Officer, President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Marketing Coordinator and 2 general committee membersto make a total of 8 core managers of the artspace.
- Further details on positions can be found on our website: www.projectgallery.com.au/volunteers/.
- If you would like to nominate yourself for a management position please respond to this email with the position of interest. If nominating for President, Vice President, Treasurer or Public Officer a short CV (1 page) is appreciated. Please attach a completed membership form if you are not already a member.
- Sub-committee/volunteer positions are a huge benefit to Project’s successful operation. These positions can be undertaken as a core management member or in a casual or ongoing capacity where it is not necessary to attend regular meetings, only to provide information or advice to the committee as necessary.
The current Project committee would like to thank all members for their ongoing support and patronage and encourage everyone to consider undertaking a management or voluntary position to assist in seeing Project through its 23rd year.
Project is an important space for the Illawarra creative culture and has demonstrated its support of diverse collection of artists, organisations and social enterprises. It is unique in being an artist run initiative which allows for autonomy and innovation. Over the past year we have seen Project go from strength to strength and increase its public profile in the community. It will be fantastic to see some new skilled people committing to the management of the space to help see it continue to thrive and expand into the future.